There are a host of options when it comes to technology that addresses the Internet of Things. In fact, the global market is flooded with vendors offering multiple options such as RFID, NFC, Beacons etc. Yet there are a few missing pieces that prevent a seamless Internet of Everything (IoE) from coming together.
- Secure Single Ambient Identity that links the physical, digital and virtual worlds is the missing key in the progression into the connected world.
- Lack of privacy and security of collected data related to the person or object.
- Lack of trusted data about a person or object.
- Cyber and IoT Security are growing in complexity due to the lack of Single Authenticatable Identity.
The IoT space is currently application based, which means that there are multiple technologies that need to be maintained and integrated to get objects to communicate.
“There also hasn’t – until recently - been a way of assigning “One Unified ID” to anything regardless of whether it’s a person, object or animal”
One of the most important but missing elements in the Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm is a Single and Secured Identification Technology. It is crucial that it uses the same identification technology for people and objects, identity is sensed, and rule-based actions are then automatically triggered.
Consolidate all physical and digital identity into a single secure & private ambient identity:
- pointing to a secured trusted dataset about the individual or object;
- enabling easily individualised interactions in the physical and digital world across multiple vertical applications.
Deep Root of Trust Element on an independent identification device that can:
- Identify people and things in a unified manner and create a single link between the person and all legacy identities;
- Enabling a seamless user experience across all aspects of life while collecting data and building context owned by the person or legal entity but made available to service providers on permission;
- Linking things to a person or legal entity from an ownership perspective;
- Keeping privacy and security intact.
Hiving Technology has stepped in to bridge this gap. The development that underpins the Hiving products started 35 years ago with the inventor's vision of what we call the "Internet of Things" today. Hiving Technology’s products are the fifth-generation products based on various inventions over the last 35 years including several of the world's first inventions developed by the South African inventor Terry Ashwin who has been designing products in this domain since 1978.
Hiving Technology’s “Hive ONE ID’ is the world’s only single identification technology that can provide every person on the planet with one unique identity across multiple applications in the public and private sector such as; NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION, BANKING and LOYALTY, HEALTHCARE, HOSPITALITY, HOME and OFFICE AUTOMATION and more. Creating an integrated keyless and cardless smart society. Ensuring seamless integration of various technologies into an integrated smart solutions environment, ideally suited for NATIONAL and LOCAL GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES.
Edgematics - Single Identification solution delivery competence
As a solution partner of Hiving Technology in the Middle East region, Edgematics offers its customers a combination of high quality experienced resources with strong hands-on and in-depth competencies in IoT application and solutions development and implementation. Our team follows a sound and well-tested methodology to ensure excellence at every stage of the project as well as closing the gap between deliverables and customer expectations in minimum effort and time.
Some of the many use cases that can be achieved using single identification technology are Smart City, Smart Government, Smart Transportation, Smart logistics, Smart Healthcare, etc.